www.saragroen.com

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Shaking it Out

Well I finally managed to get some sleep last night after almost three days of feverish insomnia. Thank goodness! I was beginning to think Fever had left an indelible mark on my brain – how many more times could I replay that song in my head.

As you could imagine, it was quite a build up to the first show. We had three days of rehearsals, culminating in a final dress rehearsal that finished just three hours before the real deal.

My nervous energy was well and truly building by that stage. The rate at which I was downing the mini-chocolate bars and lollies in the green room probably didn’t help. Nor did seeing everyone else on stage – what an impressive group of performers!

It was quite a relief when show time finally came around. And being second in the line-up meant I could relax early in the piece.

When I first took to the stage, I was surprised at how relaxed I felt. Unfortunately it didn’t last long or rather my hands didn’t last long. To be honest I didn’t feel nervous, but my hands told a different story. In fact I was forced to grab the microphone with two hands just to control my shaking!

Nonetheless I was happy with our performance. It was certainly challenging, but I had a lot of fun on stage with Adam. He is a very calming mentor and his words of encouragement made such a difference. Not to mention his beautifil voice.

Next week we’ll be rocking it out on stage and I can’t wait to do something more up beat. I didn’t realise how exposed I’d feel at the beginning of Fever. The band seemed so quiet and I had to be so controlled with my movements.


Hopefully next week my hands will be too busy playing air guitar to shake!

11 Comments:

  • At 1:01 pm, Blogger Peter said…

    Hey Sara, don't beat yourself up over the shaking. I didn't notice it at all. In fact, if you hadn't mentioned it on the night I would've thought you had nerves of steel.

    Really really well done. Can't wait for next week!

     
  • At 1:03 pm, Blogger Peter said…

    Hey Sara, don't beat yourself up over the shaking. I didn't notice it at all. If you hadn't mentioned it on the night I'd have thought you had nerves of steel.

    You did a fantastic job! I can't wait for next week!

    All the best

     
  • At 1:08 pm, Blogger Peter said…

    By the way, Sara, Adam has a few very funny songs that he's recorded. A humourous song might help with the nerves, as well as showing what a clever, fun girl you are.

     
  • At 2:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck Sara. You can do it!!

     
  • At 2:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there Sara thanks for coming and singing at my gig in albury on sat night. You were great and the crowd loved it. If you ever get sick of being a famous TV personality making millions of dollars each week....you could always become a country singer and earn $37 a year like me! Ha Ha...
    I know you are going to be great tomorrow night and i cant wait...Adam.
    p.s. go the cats!

     
  • At 11:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All the best for tonight Groen!

    I will be cheering for you, most likely from the cinema TV on level 60.

    Looking forward to you singing a bit of rock and roll.

    Mel xoxo

     
  • At 8:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All the best for Show No. 2 Sara G!
    I'll be keeping my fingers crossed here in London.
    Go the Finger!
    Love Hayles
    xxxxxxxx

     
  • At 9:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    G'day Sara!

    You looked sensational tonight. As a "rock chick", though, it didn't work for me. The problem is you're too sweet. It's like watching Julie Andrews trying to do Pat Benetar.

    I reckon you'd scoop the pool if you played to your strengths. Think Missy Higgins, The Corrs, or even Nina Simone with that deep resonance you have.

    I really want you to win!!!! All the best.

     
  • At 9:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    P.S. I looove your freckles, Sara.

     
  • At 1:27 pm, Blogger BK said…

    Hi Sara,
    I've admired you since your debut as the Domino's Pizza girl a few years ago. Not only are your tall and incredibly good looking, your obviously quite talented as a singer. I'm sure Bernard Fanning was happy with your version of On My Mind last night. You are the sleeper in this comp and can see you going a long way. Enjoy your time there with It Takes Two, you certainly add a glamorous side to the competition.
    BK.

     
  • At 11:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Sara,

    I loved it when you sang I got you on my mind. It sounded pretty sweet through the telephone... I knew I would find a way to listen to you from London!!

    Love Jed
    xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home