www.saragroen.com

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Scraping Through

When I left Saturday Disney almost three years ago, I thought my days of crazy characters and outfits had sadly come to an end. But all that changed on Tuesday night.

Strapping on my air guitar and thrashing it out on stage to Powderfinger was the ultimate thrill. Not to mention presenting the weather for the six o’clock news in my rock chick getup.

I also had the pleasure of watching Adam perform in Albury last week. He is such a natural performer and it was great to see him on stage. When he invited me up to sing, the audience made me feel very welcome so I felt quite relaxed.

We sang one of my all time favourites and I felt spoilt having the opportunity to sing it on stage with Adam. Next week you’ll see us perform it again for the country genre – I can’t wait!

My nerves weren’t as bad last week so hopefully that’ll only improve. Although I have to admit the elimination process was very nerve-wracking, especially when we were the last three on stage. I thought it was all over.

Several thoughts flashed through my mind. Firstly, what a shame Adam and I wouldn’t have the chance to perform country given it’s his thing. Secondly, my Mum (who lives in Dubai) had just emailed to tell me she was flying over to watch me perform the following week. And thirdly, I was having too much fun to leave!

Thankfully we made it through and I think last week taught me a good lesson. Obviously song choice is really important and even though I love Powderfinger, the song didn’t really give me the chance to show off much vocal range. All that thrashing on stage also made it quite hard to sing!

Next week’s song is simple, but incredibly beautiful and emotional. Every time I hear it I feel her pain and that's what I hope to portray. This Tuesday it’s all about the music.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:50 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    You look amazing!!!

    Keep on going. Am sending you all my winning thoughts from London.

    Lots of love always, Krissy xo

     
  • At 1:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your performance was superb, as always. I hope you win in the end.

     
  • At 3:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm speechless. You look gobsmackingly raunchy and gorgeous all in one.

    Who would have thought such a woman would be smart as a whip as well.

    Wow!!

     
  • At 9:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A beautiful effort, Sara. I don't think the judges got what the song was about. Did they want the cabaret version or something?

    Anyhow, keep up the good work. You blow me away!!

     
  • At 9:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep it up Sara! You and Adam are doing great :-)

     
  • At 9:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You write very well.

     
  • At 1:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow gorgeous ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home