www.saragroen.com

Friday, February 29, 2008

Doing Time For Patsy Cline

I finally had the guts to watch the show back last night.

To be honest I was quite nervous about reliving the experience (like they say you are your own worst critic).

But from beginning to end I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

From Grease through to This Kiss, I thought the entire cast (and crew) put on a great show and most importantly we all had a blast!

Yes my nerves got a hold of me again and my pitch was far from perfect, but what an opportunity – performing a Patsy Cline number with such a remarkable country crooner.

It was particularly special to have my Mum in the audience. If `you are your own worst critic’ then surely as Slim Dusty wrote in 1966 `you can never do wrong in a mother’s eyes.’

Each week we survive is icing on top of the cake and next Tuesday we’ll be serving up a feast of rock and roll.

I actually saw Adam perform the song a few weeks ago at his gig in Albury and he rocked the stage.

It’s going to take some serious choreography so this Sunday we’ll be put through our dancing paces. Then on Monday we have a good half an hour or so to rehearse on stage before the final run through on Tuesday afternoon.

It’s amazing how much time and effort goes into a two minute performance. From song selection through to movement classes and wardrobe, the lead up is as much fun as the actual show.

But of course the hardest bit is actually forgetting everything you've learnt when it comes to the night - throwing it all out the window and just letting loose on stage.

I think our next song will be the perfect opportunity to do just that!

7 Comments:

  • At 5:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are doing an amazing job! Keep on going. We are continuously cheering for you from far far away.

    Love from London, Krissy x

     
  • At 12:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought you were superb as always. Keep it going Sara.

     
  • At 1:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good on you Sara. I continue to marvel at your talent and your spirit.

    One question: do you work out which songs you'll sing at the start of the series or each week?

     
  • At 3:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You guys should do a Crowded House song.. I think it would suit your voice.

     
  • At 10:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sara,for me i think the best things you should is listen to early 80s,90s
    and now music from pop,rock,jazz and
    classical music it may help inimprove
    when you sing next time like other
    competitors.you might get a higher
    score this time and tried to relax a little bit like singing in karaoke.

     
  • At 7:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done ,sara you do it again,keep in a good paste tried to score a bit
    high next time you sing in front of the audience and also get your moves
    going best of luck,Hope you will keep
    stay to the end series
    Good luck sara and keep it on.

     
  • At 8:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your singing of Fever and of Crazy were a great thrill. I recorded Crazy, but I didn't get a record of Fever, sad to say.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home